Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Best Way To Begin Your Day is With a Morning Offering

If anyone wishes to live everyday for Christ, then I would say that the best way to begin this is by saying a Morning Offering:

"O my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You all of my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings for all of the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in thanksgiving for all of your favours, in reparation for all of my sins, for the reunion of all Christians, the salvation of souls, (here mention your personal requests and others you wish to pray for), and especially I pray for the intentions of the Holy Father."

This is but one part of my own morning prayers, but I believe it is technically the Morning Offering itself.  Regardless, I find that beginning the day with prayer, offering the day before it begins to God, taking even a few minutes just to be with Jesus - this is tantamount to ensuring that one's day is lived truly to one's calling as a Christian.

Though I may fail throughout the day, though I commit sins of all kinds, I have noticed that they are less and less as time goes on, and all of this is through the grace I find in simply offering my day to Christ in prayer before the day even begins.  It sets alight a fire in the heart, and if it is diligently tended throughout the day, almost nothing can upset it and cause it to go out.

Surely, for the day-to-day tasks, some breakfast and coffee are essential for getting started.  But these are for the needs of the body and not the soul.  Therefore, nourish the soul - begin the day right by offering it to Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I follow your articles when I can and every time I enjoy them. Usually, short but powerful.

    I use a simpler prayer than this one but I like this offering better so I will borrow it. I have found a similar outcome. I was advised during Confession that I should do a rosary everyday to help purge a particular sin. I find the morning the best. It seems to work very well for me. I have to admit that I find the Rosary everyday hard because I need to keep concentrating on it despite doing it everyday. But as with everything, if you put in the hard work, you will reap benefits. As I said, it seems to be working. Thanks for this article.

    ReplyDelete